Thursday, November 19, 2015

HOLIZAAR SPOTLIGHT ON: RENEE WUNDERLI

"I started making metal jewelry in late 80’s. Along the way I have taken many courses and experimented with various metals and techniques. What excites me most is working with various textures, patinas and cold connections/riveting pieces together opposed to soldering. I fabricate the shape and then etch designs and/or textures in to the metal and then add a patina or oxidizing solution to bring out the etching. Hearts of all kinds are a common theme in my work. Hearts with vague anatomical designs, broken hearts, mended hearts. A heart is something most of us can connect with in some way, whether is whole, broken or mended." -- Renee Wunderli





We're excited to have Renee joining Holizaar for the first time this year!
Come visit us at Holizaar on Saturday November 21st from 10AM to 4 PM at The Studio@620, located at 620 1st Avenue South in Downtown St Petersburg--Admission is free and all are welcome!

No comments: